Creative Karuta Project is…
- An award-winning*initiative to develop, promote Karuta as an educational, social tool
- Through (1)Workshops, (2)Art & writing competitions, (3) Karuta Tournaments.
- Started in the UK and is going to be available worldwide.
Click to learn the award
- Karuta is still an active game in Japan. New themed Karuta cards show up every year and Karuta game competitions have been held at school, in communities nationwide in Japan.
- Creative Karuat Project intends to introduce such vibrant, creative ‘Karuta culture’ abroad to enrich education and communities worldwide.
- We offer a step by step Workshop to help people learn, create and play Karuta
- School workshops have been offered through placement programs, Japan Creative Weeks(UK) and Karuta in Education(Australia).
- The workshops were also offered at the Conference of Japanese language teachers in Australia and in a partnersihp with a community group and local govement in Japan.
(2) Art & writing competitions
- To involve the local community in the project we organize Art & writing competitions.
- The two following competions were organized to collect pictures & clues for Karuta sets
- ‘My Thanet’ Art competition(2012, UK)
- ‘Omotenashi’ My Japan Karuta competition (2013-, Japan)
- By working with a community group we organize a Karuta tournament to reach more audiences.
- 2(two) Karuta Tournaments were held as part of local community event, UK.
A variety of Creative Karuta Project
We have been working on the following projects.
- Community Karuta Project
- Fairtrade Karuta Project
- Sister City Karuta Project
- International Karuta Project
- Kauta 2020