The following shows various types of Creative Karuta Project we have worked on.
Community Karuta Project
- THis is to create a set of karuta cards themed around local scenes such as landmarks, annual events, food/products
- ‘My Thanet’ Karuta set was created through over 10 school workshops and ‘My Thanet’ Art competition
- My Thanet is the first community Karuta created outside of Japan and the first Karuta Tournamet was also held in 2013.
‘Fairtrade’ Karuta Project
- This is to create Karuta Cards featuring Fairtrade such as products & campaigns, producers, and shops associated with Fair Trade.
- The 3 sets of Fair Trade Karuta havebeen created in Japan and UK.
- ‘Fairtrade Karuta’ Tournament was held in March 2015, Kent UK.
‘Sister City’ Karuta Project
- This project is to create Karuta cards representing 2 cities who have sister city relationship each other.
- Irvine-Tsukuba Sister City Karuta was created as the first Sister City Karuta through a Creative Karuta Workshop in our partnership with Tsukuba City, Japan. (Irvine is a city in California, USA)
International Karuta Project
- To creating Karuta cards representing various countries
- Through school workshops about 10 sets of Karuta cards have been already created associated with Australia, Japan and UK.
‘Karuta 2020’ Project
- A global 4-year project to create a special karuta set to celebrate Tokyo Olympic Games, 2020
- Through Karuta 2020 Awards, workshops
- and to hold a Karuta Tournament in 2020